September Special; Reiki - A gentle treatment using light touch or no touch.
What Is Reiki?
- A gentle treatment using light touch or no touch where clients remain fully clothed.
- A healing modality promoting balance and well-being.
- A practice being used in diverse setting, including hospitals, hospice, private offices, and for self care.
How Can Reiki Help Me?
- Reiki promotes health and reduces stress.
- Reiki enhances medical and complementary therapies.
- Reiki can bring perspective and wisdom to the challenges of your career, relationships, and finances.
- Reiki helps to balance and enliven your life.
- Reiki can also be used for the animals in your life.
- Reiki carries no known risks.
What Happens During a Reiki Treatment?
- You will remain fully clothed.
- You can be seated or lying comfortably.
- A Reiki session usually lasts about an hour.
- Reiki sessions are provided by a trained Reiki practitioner using specific hand placements.
*(Vermont Reiki Association)
Reiki was developed by Dr. Mikao Usui in the 1920’s. Reiki is a Japanese word meaning universal life energy. The practitioner acts as a conduit, or facilitator, of this energy which flows directly through their hands to the client. This promotes healing by both dissolving stuck and feeding or nurturing an energy imbalance. Most people feel very relaxed and even fall asleep during sessions.
Recent research has shown this gentle touch offers support and reduces pain and discomfort for anything from pregnant women and childbirth to cancer patients following treatment. Studies have shown both improvement in immune and nervous system function and increased mobility in patients with conditions such as fibromyalgia, lupus, and MS. It may also help with relaxation, anxiety, depression, chronic pain, indigestion, infertility, in preparation for or post surgery, and with reduction of pain medications. The list goes on and on.
Reiki should not be used to replace traditional treatments or substitute a physician or psychotherapist. It does, however, compliment many types of medical and therapeutic prescriptions. It has shown to enhance your ability to prepare for and respond to these regimens.
For more information or to experience this for yourself, please contact me and sign up today for your monthly tithing or reduced rate session!